Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Menu Monday #1


As a busy mom, I know what it’s like to have food in the pantry and fridge, but not have a single clue as to what to make for dinner.  To help me organize, I attempt to create menus on a weekly basis. It doesn’t always happen, and it doesn’t always happen on time - there have been plenty of times when I've created a menu mid-week!

I also participate in a food co-op and every two weeks, we get a basket of half vegetables and half fruit for $16.50. We can't beat the price, and this week’s fruit and vegetable haul includes: 

  • Lettuce
  • Avocado
  • Anaheim Chilies
  • Cucumbers
  • Tomatoes
  • Asparagus
  • Broccoflower
  • Red Potatoes
  • Mangoes
  • Bananas
  • Honey Dew Melon
  • Blackberries


So to use up this week's basket, here’s my menu. With all my vegetables, I try to get at least 1 meatless meal in a week.

Monday – Crispy Beef Tacos w/Tomatoes, Lettuce, and Avocado (double taco meat batch, freeze for another meal.)
Tuesday – Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Wednesday – Meatloaf Patties w/Roasted Red Potatoes and Broccoflower Florets
Thursday – Sautéed Chicken Breasts, Roasted Asparagus and Cucumber Salad
Friday – Out
Saturday – Spaghetti with Marinara and Side Salad, or out, depending on how I feel.
Sunday – Chicken Enchiladas and Green Enchilada Sauce (freeze leftover enchiladas)

What do you plan on eating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment