Monday, May 27, 2013

Menu Monday: A New Diet


So, this past week I finally decided I was tired of carrying my baby weight around.  So I am going to try a different diet.  It’s a pseudo Paleo/low/nocarb diet that Christina introduced me to.  I figure, why not?  Will’s godmother was in town last weekend for his baptism and she said she started doing Paleo in December and has lost about 20lbs without really adding an excessive amount of exercise into her routine.  She looked great!  So, I am going to give it a go.  It is going to be hard at first, but, I think as long as I don’t keep any of the non-recommended food around the house I will be ok.  Eating out will be a challenge, but I figure if I am eating better at home, even if I don’t keep up while we are out, it will still help.

Here is my weekly dinner menu, with some alterations for my new diet:

Monday: BBQ Burgers w/ grilled fries and side salad (no fries for me)

Tuesday: Mango Curry Chicken w/ mixed vegetables and basmati rice (riced cauliflower for me)

Wednesday: SlowCooker Pork Roast w/ carrots & onions and potatoes (no potatoes for me)

Thursday: Taco Salad

Friday: Maple GlazedMeatballs served over Cauliflower Mash.

Saturday: Probably out
 
I will let you know how I do.  Breakfasts are going to be the biggest challenge, as I typically eat oatmeal or cereal.  And I don't like eggs.  Should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment