Monday, December 2, 2013

Menu Monday



So, Jes and I are trying to revamp how are posting on this blog. The way we initially had it set up, it was pretty taxing on our time and we found ourselves skipping out on posts because things just got so busy. But we are committed to making this blog a success.

Since it's the beginning of December, we're doing themes each week. This week, our theme is Winter Fun. I personally don't have a fun winter menu, but I want to share with you a memory I have before I post my menu for the week.

I grew up in Lubbock, Texas. And despite the fact it's in Texas, it does get all four seasons. Every year, I battled driving in snow and ice. It would be cold. And the fact it's on top of a plateau, you'll get 70 mph winds that will knock you down.

As a kid, I remember vividly playing in the snow drifts next to our house all afternoon. I would build a whole snowman family and there was still snow leftover to play with. When it was time to come inside, I always loved it when the house smelled like vegetable or sometimes beef stew. We'd have that with a big piece of crusty french bread. It was the best, warming dinner on a cold winter's night. Truth be told, some days I miss Lubbock so much that it hurts. My family is there, some of my oldest friends are there, I miss the weather, I miss football games, I miss being around farmers and rednecks (ok… sometimes), and I know the schools (my daughter is almost pre-K age and I am nervous of the schools here). But I find that most of the time I miss Lubbock as much as I do, it's around fall and winter. Maybe it's just the fact I miss experiencing 4 seasons. But, I'm sure it's more than that. It's the fond memories I have during winter with my family.

If you're looking for a fabulous vegetable soup recipe, check out Ellie Krieger's Tuscan Vegetable Soup recipe on the Food Network's website.

Monday - Spaghetti & Meat Sauce
Tuesday - Crock Pot Pork Chops over Rice
Wednesday - Parmesan Chicken and Potatoes
Thursday - Out
Friday - Beef Stroganoff and Peas
Saturday - Freezer leftover meal (Cheesy chicken casserole)

Happy Holiday's Y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment