Monday, December 9, 2013

Menu Monday


 
As Christmas approaches, we start feeling the money crunch.  We have a set budget for presents this year, but I’ve been trying to be as frugal as possible “just in case” we overspend – I mean, c’mon, it is Christmas after all.  J It’s the time of year where I just want to buy ALL THE THINGS and give them to the fam. 

A friend of mine (thanks Lauren!) introduced me to the site Budget Bytes.  It has a lot of yummy recipes with a breakdown of what each meal, serving, and ingredient costs!  It’s pretty neat really, and some of the recipes are so simple I’m always like, “duh!  I should have thought to try that!”  I always over complicate things, even cooking!

This week I stole several recipes from this site to put on our menu.  I’m excited to try them.  I am also going to do some pantry-cleaning as well.  Here is our menu:

Sunday: Lasagna (I used turkey Italian sausage and whole wheat noodles – also, this added to my freezer stash)
Monday: Out (taking the kids Xmas shopping for Steve while he studies for his final)
Tuesday: Maple Meatballs w/ mashed potatoes (Abby’s favorite meal)
Wednesday: Quinoa Black Bean Tacos
Thursday: Bacon Pesto Pasta Bake
Friday: Falafel
Saturday: Crock Pot – something pulled from the freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment